Opening March 2017
A multi-million pound facility tailored to the Apprenticeship and training needs of local hi-tech employers.
Focus on five key areas:
- New technologies including industry standard CAD/CAM software
- Manufacturing techniques including 5 axis CNC machinery
- Modern quality control and inspection techniques including laser inspection and testing technology
- Electrical, electronic and mechanical maintenance of manufacturing and engineering plant including Programmable Logic for Controllers (PLC's)
- Business feasibility studies to support lean and continuous improvement principles
Opportunities for learners to work on 'live' manufacturing projects, making components relating to the production requirements of our supporting employers.
To ensure the relevance of curriculum design and content, a single employer advisory board will be formed with several sub-groups, working to inform individual disciplines. Early indications suggest that these disciplines could include:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Electrical and electronic engineering
- Plastic injection moulding
- Operational & Plant Maintenance