Leadership and Management
- Course Code: EBILH01/0/LP
- Type: Professional Training | Courses for Adults | Higher Education
- Level: 3, 4, 5
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: September 2017
- Time: Thursday evenings or Saturday mornings
- Duration: Dependent on level
- Full Fee: £110
About the course
Harlow College is offering Institute of Leadership and Management qualifications and personalised training, designed to meet the individual needs of organisations and aspiring professionals.
Leaders, managers and supervisors can choose from a range of programmes at Level 3, 4 and 5.
GCSE Maths and English at Grade C or demonstrably working at that level or above. Some management or Supervisory experience or a desire to move into a supervisory position.
Level 5 diploma requires a Level 3 qualification.
How much does it cost?
Prices vary slightly depending on Certificate type and level. An approximate guide in the centre of the pricing structure is:
Award – £450
Certificate – £700
Diploma – £1,500
Learners over 19 years old can access a government Advanced Learning Loan for some of the programmes. This becomes repayable once earnings rise above £21,000 p.a. (at extremely low interest rates). Learners over 18 who are under 24 can access co-funding and may be eligible to pay only half of the quoted prices. Some organisations who are paying fees for their employees may be able to access European funding streams.
We offer free advice and guidance on all funding possibilities. Please contact admissions by email or phone 01279 868100 to get the most up to date detail on fees and how these may be supported.
Who is it suitable for?
Leaders, managers and supervisors from large corporations to SMEs within the private or public sectors.
Leaders, managers and supervisors can choose from a range of programmes which include:
- ILM Award in Leadership & Management: 3 Units taught over 5 sessions
- ILM Certificate in Principles of Leadership & Management: 6 to 7 Units taught over 15 sessions
- ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management: 10 to 12 units taught over 20 sessions
- ILM Certificate in the Principles of Leadership & Management: 6 to 7 Units taught over 15 sessions
- ILM Diploma in the Principles of Leadership & Management: 0 to12 units taught over 20 sessions
- ILM Certificate in Leadership & Management: 6 to 8 Units taught taught over 15 sessions
- ILM Diploma in Leadership & Management: 10 to12 Units taught taught over 20 sessions
Each programme includes one-to-one surgeries to help you pass hour assessments.
Where will this course take me?
You can progress throughout the levels of ILM Qualifications between level 3 and level 7. The programmes may help you to progress towards a degree. The programmes are designed to improve your performance in work and help you progress your career.
The choice of topics that you can study are listed below. These can be taken as assessed units to build a full ILM qualification or you can attend simply to improve your knowledge and skills:
- Organisational Culture
- Change and Innovation Management
- Recruitment and Selection
- Managing People
- Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Team Building
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Information Management
- Efficiency and Effectiveness
How will I be assessed?