- Type: HAMEC | Engineering & Manufacturing
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2019
- Duration: 2 Years
About the course
This course provides you with a theoretical grounding in engineering and will give you a broad understanding of the huge possibilities within the engineering industry. It allows you to move on to higher education or to an advanced apprenticeship where you can further specialise.
5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
Reduced fees may be available for 19+ learners undertaking their first full Level 3 qualification.
This course develops core engineering and scientific skills needed for 21st century industry. It will be delivered using state-of-the-art facilities in our new Advanced Manufacturing & Engineering Centre.
There will also be trips to machine manufacturers and tooling exhibitions and visiting guest speakers.
Where will this course take me?
Higher education or specialise in marine, motor sports, civil engineering, mechanical, aerospace, manufacturing engineering or sectors of employment.
- Engineering Principles
- Delivery of Engineering Processes Safely as a Team
- Engineering Product Design & Manufacture
- Applied Commercial and Quality Principles in Engineering
- Work Experience in the Engineering Sector
- Computer Aided Design in Engineering
- Additive Manufacturing Processes
- Microcontroller Systems for Engineering
- Calculus to Solve Engineering Problems
- A Specialist Engineering Project
- Mechanical Behaviour of Metallic Materials
- Mechanical Behaviour of Non-metallic Materials
- Manufacturing Primary Forming Processes
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Electrical Installation of Hardware and Cables
How will I be assessed?
Assignments that involve a range of assessment methods such as:
- Completion of daily and individual targets
- Written presentations & coursework
- Observational analysis
- Individual and group tasks
- Verbal presentations Investigations
- Design and CAD work
- Engineering project
- external examinations
Will I have to provide anything?
USB memory stick, stationery and materials, calculator.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course