Safeguarding and Prevent
- Type: Education & Learning | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
Official data showed that over 7,500 people were referred to the Prevent programme in 2015/16. The purpose of this qualification is to support anyone who is responsible for the safeguarding of people and for helping prevent radicalisation. It gives learners an understanding of recognising the signs of abuse, how to reduce the risk of radicalisation, and the potential consequences of illegal online activity.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Understanding the Prevent Duty
- Understanding Safeguarding
- Understanding Online Safety
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
Aged 19 or over on the 1 August 2021
- Living in UK and meet the residency eligibility rules
- Are not currently studying an apprenticeship
*Costs for adult programmes have changed. If you live in a devolved funding area you may have to pay for your programme. This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees. You may be eligible for funding from other providers.
- The Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- The Liverpool City Region Combined
- The West of England Combined Authority
- The West Midlands Combined Authority
- The Tees Valley Combined Authority
- The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
- The Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland Combined Authority
- Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority
- The West Yorkshire Combined Authority