Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About Finding an Employer
You MUST have an employer before you can start an apprenticeship. You can search for an apprenticeship job here.
If you don't yet have an employer you can still apply for an apprenticeship while you continue to look. We can offer you advice on how to successfully secure an apprenticeship with an employer.
Responsible for coordinating and delivering marketing activities which could include marketing content creation, background market and customer research, monitoring campaign analytics and collecting data, using relevant marketing software/systems, maintaining marketing administration activities.
Am I ready to start?
Ideally the apprentice should be able to demonstrate:
- Professional and customer focussed, shows commitment to putting the customer at the centre of marketing activities
- Apply ethical behaviour in planning, delivery and evaluation of marketing activity. Including carrying out activity in a way that values equality and diversity
- Commitment to continuous development of self and marketing activities through own initiative, within scope of own responsibility, keeping abreast of external developments including competitor and market trends
- Self motivated – takes responsibility for own actions
- Reflective and analytical, solving problems with internal and external sources of intelligence and data with a commitment to using evidence to support decisions.
- Collaborative, consultative and supportive to achieve marketing outcomes, good listener, shows empathy with the views of others
- Strong attention to detail
- Responsive and flexible, able to work at pace within deadlines balancing short and long term priorities (multitask)
- Shows creativity in their approach to work
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and maths minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
How does an Apprenticeship Work?
Harlow College is conveniently based in the centre of Harlow your Marketing Assistant Apprentice will benefit from:
- The highest quality of teaching by qualified, experienced industry experts
- Classroom based study which further develops apprentice's team working ability, confidence and communication skills
- E-portfolio system providing an evidence platform for quick efficient monitoring and feedback
- Maths and English teaching to underpin and support workplace knowledge
- Learning at your premises by agreement
- Preparation for end point assessment
As part of our employer service you will benefit from:
- A named advisor supporting and advising you through the process
- Progress reports
- Regular, clear and concise communications
What does the course involve?
This occupation is found in every sector and industry including manufacturing, retail, IT, automotive, service industries (financial services, health care, professional services, etc). Typically they would be the first point of contact for day-to-day activities in the marketing function, and supervised by a member of staff with greater marketing skills, knowledge and experience. The role is likely to be primarily office-based, although they may spend time away from the office attending events etc.
Got a job?
You must have a job to do an apprenticeship. If you already have a job you may be able to do an apprenticeship with your current employer.
If you don’t have a job for your apprenticeship – apply for your place at College by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the top and bottom of the page.
Once you have applied please check out our apprenticeship job vacancies.
An apprenticeship comprises two parts:
- Typically 20% study element (at Harlow College or Stansted Airport College).
- 80% work based element with an employer. It is your responsibility to find an employer.