- Type: Vocational Courses | Engineering & Manufacturing | Apprenticeships | Engineering & Manufacturing | HAMEC
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2022
- Duration: 3 days a week for 1 year
About the course
Talented engineers, technicians and managers are vital to the future success of the engineering and advanced manufacturing sectors – and the opportunities are huge. This course will give you a solid foundation in the hands-on skills that employers say are vital to keep these industries running successfully - skills that you will have for life!
Grade 4 in English and Maths
City & Guilds
You will learn hand-fitting techniques and develop skills using hand tools to enable you to manufacture components. You will become proficient in using both lathes and milling machines to produce tools and mechanical components.
The course will be delivered from our state-of-the-art Advanced Manufacturing Centre giving a realistic insight into the engineering sector. The course will give you an excellent foundation in helping you secure an apprenticeship or employment.
There will be a range of speakers including local employers.
Benefits of doing this course include:
- Industry placement within the Engineering sector
- Guaranteed interview with one of our employer sponsors
- Opportunity to progress to an Apprenticeship and then university level study without debt
Where will this course take me?
There are many and varied career opportunities, including:
- Engineering Technical Support Technician
- Computer Aided Design draughts person
- Advanced CNC Machine Setter and Programmer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Machine Tool Machinist
- Working in an Engineering Environment
- Engineering Techniques
- Engineering Maths and Science Principles
- Fitting and Assembly Techniques
- Business Improvement Techniques
- Principles of Milling and Turning
- Principles of CNC Machining/Fabrication
How will I be assessed?
Observation, Learner Portfolio, Written Assessment.
Will I have to provide anything?
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course