- Sector: Business | Business, Finance, Management, IT & Media | Apprenticeships
- Level: 4
- Start Date: September 2021
About Finding an Employer
You MUST have an employer before you can start an apprenticeship. You can search for an apprenticeship job here.
If you don't yet have an employer you can still apply for an apprenticeship while you continue to look. We can offer you advice on how to successfully secure an apprenticeship with an employer.
This is an Apprenticeship designed as an entry-level role into the Accountancy and / or Taxation sectors. Roles are applicable to organisations of all sizes and to Apprentices in Accountancy and Taxation Practices including finance functions in Private, Public and Charity Sector organisations. Individuals in the role of a Professional Accounting/Tax Technician will have responsibility for creating, and/or verifying and reviewing, accurate and timely financial information within the organisation in which they are employed or on behalf of another organisation.
Am I ready to start?
Individual employers will identify entry requirements in terms of previous qualifications, training or other criteria. Most candidates will have Level 2 Maths and English (equivalent to GCSE grade C or above), ideally as part of 5 GCSE A-C grades or other comparable qualifications. Apprentices without English or Maths at Level 2 must achieve this prior to the completion of the Apprenticeship.
How does an Apprenticeship Work?
Harlow College is conveniently based in the centre of Harlow your Marketing Assistant Apprentice will benefit from:
- The highest quality of teaching by qualified, experienced industry experts
- Modern well equipped classrooms
- Classroom based study which further develops apprentice's team working ability, confidence and communication skills
- E-portfolio system providing aa evidence platform for quick efficient monitoring and feedback
- Industry recognised qualifications, as part of the standard
- Maths and English teaching essential to underpin and support workplace knowledge
- Learning at your premises by agreement
- Preparation for end point assessment
As part of our employer service you will benefit from:
- A named advisor supporting and advising you through the training process to successful completion
- Progress reports
- Regular, clear and concise communications
- Our employer forum
Down to business, what can I do and what can I earn?
Possible job roiles:
- Assistant Auditor
- Payroll Manager
- Assistant Financial Accountant
- Tax Investigations Officer
- Senior Bookkeeper
Advantages of doing this course:
- Opportunity for rewards and high earning potential
- Excellent progression routes
- Transferral skills
- Accountants are essential for business growth
Got a job?
You must have a job to do an apprenticeship. If you already have a job you may be able to do an apprenticeship with your current employer.
If you don’t have a job for your apprenticeship – apply for your place at College by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the top and bottom of the page.
Once you have applied please check out our apprenticeship job vacancies.
An apprenticeship comprises two parts:
- Typically 20% study element (at Harlow College or Stansted Airport College).
- 80% work based element with an employer. It is your responsibility to find an employer.