- Sector: Aviation Operations | Business | Business, Finance, Management, IT & Media | Apprenticeships
- Level: 3
- Start Date: Variable
About Finding an Employer
You MUST have an employer before you can start an apprenticeship. You can search for an apprenticeship job here.
If you don't yet have an employer you can still apply for an apprenticeship and we wil try to help you find an employer.
12-18 months – 2 days a week at College (Bi-weekly classes) and 2 days a week in the workplace
The Level 3 Team Leader/Supervisor apprenticeship is for someone who can take responsibility for managing a team or discrete project. They can support, manage and develop team members, manage projects, plan and monitor workloads and resources. They can take responsibility for delivering operational plan, resolving problems and building relations.
Am I ready to start?
You must be employed in a suitable management role.
How does an Apprenticeship Work?
Harlow College is conveniently based in the Centre of Harlow.
The Team Leader/Supervisor Apprentice will benefit from:
- The highest quality of teaching by a qualified, experienced management Assessor
- Modern well equipped classrooms
- Classroom based study which further develops apprentice’s knowledge, skills and confidence
- Maths and English teaching essential to underpin and support workplace knowledge
- Learning at your premises by agreement
- Preparation for end point assessment
The employer will benefit from:
- A named advisor supporting you with information and guidance, advising you through the training process to successful completion
- Progress reports
- Regular, clear and concise communications
- Our employer forum
What does the course involve?
As part of the apprenticeship the apprentice will study a broad range of management theory and techniques which they will apply to their role to help enhance their performance. Topics which will be covered as part of the program include leading and managing people, building relationships and communication, operational management, project management, finance and decision making.
How and when will I study?
The apprenticeship is delivered through ILM which is the UK’s leading provider of leadership apprenticeships.
Poor management is estimated to cost the UK £84bn in lost productivity per year. The team leader/supervisor apprenticeship is tailored to the needs of both the learner and employer to address key areas of development.
The learner will receive bespoke training and support which includes subscription to the ILM online workbooks via illuminate.
If the apprentice and employer wish to do so there is an optional qualification which can be delivered alongside the apprenticeship to enhance learning.
- Scenario based knowledge test with questions
- Competency based interview
- Assessment of portfolio of evidence
- Professional discussion relating to CPD activity
Down to business, what can I do and what can I earn?
- Operations Manager
- Departmental Manager
- Regional Manager
- Divisional Manager
- Area Manager
On completion, you may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression. You could also progress to higher level management roles and be working as a Deputy Manager, Operations Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Hospitality Manager, Technical Manager, Asset Manager and many more.
Stansted Airport and its business partners offer many exciting career opportunities and this qualification will enable you to progress into a first line management role within a number of different sectors. You could work as a Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, Foreperson, or Shift Manager within a range of organisations.
We currently work closely with a number of highly reputable companies to ensure learners are developing the skills they require to have a successful career. These include Flightworx, MAG, Novotel, Hilton, Swissport and many more.
Got a job?
You must have a job to do an apprenticeship. If you already have a job you may be able to do an apprenticeship with your current employer.
If you don’t have a job for your apprenticeship – apply for your place at College by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the top and bottom of the page.
Once you have applied please check out our apprenticeship job vacancies.
An apprenticeship comprises two parts:
- Typically 20% study element (at Harlow College or Stansted Airport College).
- 80% work based element with an employer. It is your responsibility to find an employer.