Data Protection and Data Security
- Type: Business | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
Data protection compliance is an essential legal requirement for all organisations. Since the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force in May 2018, it is more vital than ever that everyone who works with personal data understands the laws and acts in compliance, as the penalties can be severe.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your knowledge of data protection and the importance of keeping data secure
- Further your professional development with skills that are vital for anyone who handles data
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Current Data Protection Legislation, and How It Is Applied
- Organisational Procedures Concerning Data
- Possible Threats to ICT Systems and Data, and How to Protect Against Them
- Consequences of Not Protecting Data, and the Impact of Possible Breaches
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.