Care and Management of Diabetes
- Type: Health & Wellbeing | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
There is an emerging global epidemic of diabetes. In the UK alone, 3.2 million people are diagnosed with the disease and an estimated 630,000 people have the condition but don't know it. It is believed that deaths from diabetes will rise by more than 50% in the next ten years. Simple lifestyle measures can be effec tive in preventing or delaying the onset of this chronic, debilitating and often deadly disease.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the various forms and causes of diabetes
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
- Create better preventative care by being able to identify early signs of diabetes
What you will learn
- Understand Diabetes
- Prevention and Early Intervention of Type 2 Diabetes
- Understand the Initial Care of Diabetes
- Understand the Treatment and Management of Diabetes
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.