- Type: Social Care | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
Dementia affects around 820,000 people in the UK. This figure is likely to rise to 1 million by 2025 and 2million by 2051. It is one of the main causes of disability in later life, and with research being desperately underfunded, it costs the UK over £26 billion a year. Understanding dementia and the person-centred care that is required is fundamental to high-quality care.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Dementia Awareness
- The Person-Centred Approach to the Care and Support of Individuals with Dementia
- Understand the Factors That Can Influence Communication and Interaction with Individuals Who Have Dementia
- Understand Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Dementia Care
- Understand the Administration of Medication to Individuals with Dementia Using a Person-Centred Approach
- Understand Behaviour in the Context of Dementia
- Understand the Benefits of Engaging in Activities in Social Care
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.