Digital Skills for Working in Care
- Type: Social Care | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
We live in a world where new technologies play an increasingly important role across the economy and society, the care sector is no different. This course is ideal if you are working in the care sector and want to develop your digital proficiency to support your work. Covering important skills such as using search engines and social media platforms, you will develop a greater understanding of how to looking for information, store your data safely and communicate effectively. You will also be introduced to the world on online networking to help support your career progression. The qualification is an ideal progression from other digital skills courses at Entry level and Level 1.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
What you will learn
- Understand how to protect devices and data
- Communicate socially and professionally using technology
- Apply digital skills in personal and business situations
- Use digital resources to facilitate their own career progression
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
Aged 19 or over on the 1 August 2021
- Living in UK and meet the residency eligibility rules
- Are not currently studying an apprenticeship
*Costs for adult programmes have changed. If you live in a devolved funding area you may have to pay for your programme. This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees. You may be eligible for funding from other providers.
- The Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- The Liverpool City Region Combined
- The West of England Combined Authority
- The West Midlands Combined Authority
- The Tees Valley Combined Authority
- The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
- The Newcastle Upon Tyne, North Tyneside and Northumberland Combined Authority
- Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield Combined Authority
- The West Yorkshire Combined Authority