- Type: Retail Operations | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
The retail industry is subject to a number of pressures. These include changes in shopping habits and the recent economic downturn which reduced consumer spending. However, as consumer confidence begins to grow, it is important that retail support staff are fully trained and equipped to represent your business and to meet the needs of your customers. As removing staff from the 'shop floor' applies pressure to rotas, this training can be carried out in the learner's own time via our tried and tested flexible learning approach.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification Evidence your competency to employers
- Improve your handling of customer payments
- Improve how you deal with customer queries and complaints
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Understanding Customer Service in the Retail Sector
- Understanding the Retail Selling Process
- Understanding How Individuals and Teams Contribute to the Effectiveness of a Retail Business
- Understanding How a Retail Business Maintains Health and Safety on its Premises
- Understanding Retail Consumer Law
- Understanding How to Deal with Customer Queries and Complaints in a Retail Environment
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.