Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
- Type: e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 6 weeks
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
Modern medicines are powerful substances which have beneficial effects for millions of people worldwide. However, inappropriate use or handling of these substances can have severe consequences, including death. Having good up-to-date knowledge of the safe handling of medicines is essential for anyone working with medication.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Evidence your competency in handling medication to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Create better preventative care by identifying how to maintain stock and record, store and dispose of medication appropriately
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Understand Medication and Prescriptions
- Supply, Storage and Disposal of Medication
- Understand the Requirements for the Safe Administration of Medication
- Record-keeping and Audit Processes for Medication
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater London or Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- The Greater London Authority
- The Greater Manchester Combined Authority
- The Liverpool City Region Combined Authority
- The West of England Combined Authority
- The West Midlands Combined Authority
- The Tees Valley Combined Authority
- The Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.