Supporting Teaching and Learning – Level 3
- Type: Training Voucher Courses | Education & Learning | e-Learning
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 18-20 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
- Full Fee: £0-£1417.00
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
- Aged 19 or over on the 1st August 2021
- It may be helpful if you have already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
- To complete this qualification you will to be working, volunteering or be on a practical placement during your study in a learning environment (school or college). We recommend that you undertake 100 hours of placement in a real work environment.
There is an expectation you will be either volunteering or employed within a school setting prior to enrolling on this course as there is a requirement to undertake at least 100 hours of work experience during the course.
About the course
This qualification provides learners with an understanding of the knowledge needed when working directly with children and young people in a school or college environment and is aimed at those of you working in learning support or teaching assistant roles within schools and colleges. The qualification covers elements including children and young people’s development, safeguarding their welfare, and communication and professional relationships.
If you are new to teaching we have a qualification that is better suited to you here
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 3 qualification
- Evidence your competency to employers
- Further your personal and professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend college
What you will learn
This qualification will equip you with knowledge, understanding and skills across a range of key subject areas, including:
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people
- Planning and preparing for learning activities
- Using assessment strategies to promote learning
- Promoting positive behaviour and responding to behaviour that challenges
- Managing risks to health, safety and security in a work setting
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £1417.00
Full funding is available for this course to any adult aged 19-23 who wants to achieve their first full level 3 qualification.
This course can also be funded through an Advanced Learner Loan
If you are 19+ and a resident or working in Harlow this course is eligible for a training voucher of up to £1000 (part of the UK Community Renewal Fund). With a training voucher this course is £417.
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.