- Type: Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 17 September 2021 | 14 January 2022
- Time: Friday – 9.30-12.30
- Duration: 1 day p/w for 4 weeks
- Full Fee: £565
About the course
For teachers, trainers or assessors who assess the knowledge and/or skills in vocationally related subject areas (in a classroom or workshop) using the following assessment methods: assessments in simulated environments/skills tests/oral and written questions/assignments/projects/case studies/RPL. This Award consists of 2 units.
How much does it cost?
Course fee: £565
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You are a trainee assessor, responsible for a caseload of learners working in a classroom or workshop setting.
- Have access to assess at last 2 learners.
Learners will be invited to attend an initial induction session on a 1:1 basis, complete a skill scan and start a training plan for the course. Attendance of the delivery sessions is required, along with personal research and study. Access to a mentor in the workplace is recommended. Each learner will have access to a personal tutor / assessor for delivery and 1:1 work.
- How to apply the principles and requirement of assessment
- How to apply the assessment cycle when working with learners in a classroom environment
- How your role impacts on quality assurance
- How to apply reflective practice within your role.
Where will this course take me?
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (full Award), a L4 TAQA qualification or a Teacher Training qualification.
- Principles and requirements of assessment
- Understanding different types of assessment
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand the assessors’ contribution to quality assurance
- Understand how to manage information relating to occupational competence
- Understand legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
How will I be assessed?
A written assignment is completed following the taught sessions. Performance evidence is then generated by collation of naturally occurring work-based evidence to demonstrate completion of the full assessment cycle at least 4 times. This includes a minimum of 2 observations in the workplace. A CPD record and reflective journal will need to be completed.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course