- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | Vocational Courses | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start: September 2021
- Duration: 1 year
- Full Fee: Full cost: £1,350
About the course
If you want to work as a plumber in the building services engineering sector this course is ideal. This qualification will enable you to become a qualified domestic plumber.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating APL
Prior attainment of L2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies (6035-02)
How much does it cost?
Full cost course £1,350 – nature of payments to be discussed during enrolment.
If you are aged 19 or over you may be eligible for full funding covering all fees if you are:
- Aged 19 or over on 1 September 2021
- A resident of England
- Unemployed, in receipt of benefits and looking for work, or
- Employed and earn less than £17,374.50 a year.
Please note we are unable to provide funding for learners living in some Mayoral Combined Authorities in England such as Cambridge and Peterborough.
City & Guilds
As a plumber, you may work in some following areas:
- Installing and repairing water supplies, heating systems and drainage
- Installing soil pipes and guttering
- Installing bathrooms and central heating systems
To become a plumber, you will need to be able to follow technical drawings and plans, have good practical and problem-solving skills, a careful, well planned out approach to work and be able to use hand and power tools to a competent standard.
You will need an awareness of health, safety and legal regulations and to be able to work as part of a team as well as alone. Good customer service skills will be vital.
Where will this course take me?
- Domestic Plumber
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Commercial/Industrial)
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Service and Maintenance)
- Gas Engineer
- Environmental Technologies Technician
- Apply safe working practices in building services engineering work environment
- Install and maintain domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within building services engineering
How will I be assessed?
- Holistic assessment
- Direct Observation
- Portfolio of evidence (could be electronic)
- Professional discussions.
- Witness Testimony
- Knowledge and Understanding.
Will I have to provide anything?
Full cost: £1,350
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Basic Hand tools
- Basic stationary
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course