- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | Vocational Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2022
- Time: Daytime
- Duration: 1 Year – minimum of 2 days attendance
About the course
For those who want to work as plumbers in the building services engineering sector. This qualification does not make you a fully qualified plumber but enables you to gain the relevant hand skills and knowledge through studying cold water systems, hot water systems, sanitation, central heating systems and environmental technology systems and site procedures and planning. You will also be required to undertake a minimum of 45-day industry placement.
Level 2 Diploma Plumbing Studies (6035-02) or Level 2 Technical Certificate in Plumbing (8202-25)
A minimum of a C/4 in Maths and English
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
City & Guilds
As a plumber, you may work in some following areas:
Planning, designing and Installing Hot, cold-water systems, Sanitation and central heating systems.
To become a plumber, you will need to be able to follow technical drawings and plans, have good practical and problem-solving skills, a careful, well planned out approach to work and be able to use hand and power tools to a competent standard.
You will need an awareness of health, safety and legal regulations and to be able to work as part of a team as well as alone. Good customer service skills will be vital.
Where will this course take me?
- Domestic Plumber
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Commercial/Industrial)
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer (Service and Maintenance)
- Gas Engineer
- Environmental Technologies Technician
- Cold water system planning and design
- Hot water system planning and design
- Central Heating planning and design
- Sanitation system planning and design
- Environmental technology systems
- Site procedures and planning
How will I be assessed?
- Holistic assessment
- Written/Online exams
- Direct observation
- Portfolio of evidence (could be electronic)
- Professional discussions.
- Knowledge and understanding
Will I have to provide anything?
Personal Protective Equipment
Basic Hand tools – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
Basic stationary – (Lists will be provided at the enrolment stage)
The City and Guilds textbook Plumbing book 1 and 2
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course