- Apply Now!
- Type: Higher National Certificate & Diploma | Institute of Technology | Higher Education | IT, Computing & Cyber Security
- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Full-time & Part-time
- Study Pattern: 2.5 days p/w
- Start Date: September 2023
- Location: Harlow College Campus
- Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
1 year full-time (2.5 days), 2 years part-time (2 evenings)
- English and maths at level 2 GCSE grade 4 or above or Functional skills Level 2
- BTEC Level Diploma (MM) or Extended Diploma (MPP), Access to HE Diploma in IT/Computing or 2 A Levels to include Computer Science, Computing or Information Technology (C,C) equal to 64 UCAS points
Transfer of credit from another qualification is considered on an individual basis and will require an interview.
About the course
An exciting and informative study programme that stimulates and challenges students.
- A simple and flexible structure that enables students to take the Higher National Certificate and then build on it in the Higher National Diploma, with optional units linked to their specialist area of study
- An opportunity for students to follow specialist routes of interest at both Level 4 and Level 5, gaining the knowledge and skills they need to progress to higher education or employment in their specialist area
- Refreshed content that is closely aligned with professional body, vendor, employer and higher education needs.
- Core competencies throughout the curriculum, to support lifelong learning skills for personal and professional development
- The opportunity for centres to offer assessments that consider cognitive skills (what students know), along with effective and applied skills (how they behave and what they can do), to support a practical and dynamic approach to learning
- Unit-specific assessment and Pearson-set themes designed to encourage thorough and analytical learning, challenge students and develop skills in critical thinking, personal responsibility and decision making
- A flexible approach to assessment that supports progression to higher education or to work and which allows for different learning styles
- Quality Assurance measures that assure professional organisations, universities, businesses, colleges and students of the integrity and value of the qualifications, and
- A programme of learning designed to meet skills gaps in the current workforce and build today’s talent to meet tomorrow’s needs in an international environment
Cybersecurity specialists enjoy exceptional demand and job security.
Research by the government into Cyber Security skills in the UK labour market estimates that between 30-48% of all businesses in the UK have a basic or more advanced skills gap in their organisations.
Cybersecurity has a 0% unemployment rate!
Where will this course take me?
- Software Engineering
- Applications Development and Testing
- Data Analytics
- Network Engineering
- Cyber Security
After the HND a Top-up to a full Degree may be possible with extra studies at a later date, to convert it to a full bachelor's degree. Check with Universities directly or the UCAS website.
|MANDATORY CORE UNITS|
Database Design & Development
Planning a Computing Project (Pearson-set)
* We reserve the right to change the specialist and/or the optional units
Website Design& Development
How much does it cost?
£5995 (£4995 if you have already completed the HNC course elsewhere.)
You may be eligible to a student loan to cover your fees and maintenance. This loan is available from the Government via Student Finance England. The https://www.gov.uk/studentfinancesteps website has full details and you can use their calculator to see what help you may be entitled to.
If you have any questions our Admissions Advisers are on hand to offer financial advice and guidance. Please email: or call 01279 868100
Included in the fee:
- £10 free printing per year
- All tuition and assessment
Not included in the fee:
- Printing over £10
- Cost of trips
- Cost of residential visits
- Basic stationery
*There may be additional costs for this course
The timetable should be available a month prior to commencement.
Teaching & Learning
Teaching and learning will be carried out through the combination of online and in-class teaching. Students will be required to complete individual, paired and group work.
Assessment & Feedback
Research based assessment
Problem Solving assessment
Investigation based assessment
Portfolio based assessment
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Ask Us a question about this course
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser