- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 18 April 2023
- Time: 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Duration: 12 weeks – 1 evening per week
- Full Fee: £360 – free to anyone in receipt of benefits
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
The learners will gain knowledge of applying counselling skills as a counsellor, mentor and care provider. This will include role play, group discussions and 1:1 sessions during which they will apply and practice the skills taught. Learners will research and learn about the different theories around counselling, such as Cognitive Behaviour Theory, Person Centred Theory and Psychodynamic as well as reflecting on practice in counselling.
No formal entry requirements
How much does it cost?
The cost of the course is £360
This course is free if you meet any one of the criteria below:
- In receipt of benefits
- Earns less than £18,525
- First full level 2 qualification (Aged 19-23 only)
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wishes to learn counselling skills.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) is designed to provide:
- education and training for those who may use counselling skills when working with others
- opportunities for those who may use counselling skills when working with others to achieve a nationally-recognised, Level 2, vocationally-specific qualification
- opportunities for learners to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally-specific qualification to assist in entering employment in fields working with people or to progress to further vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Counselling Skills
- the knowledge, understanding and skills learners need as an introduction to counselling skills
- opportunities for you to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Whole-class discussions on core counselling skills followed by learners practising skills in triads.
Empathic circle exercise.
Role play/skills practice of contracting/Scenarios.
Where will this course take me?
After successfully completing this course, you will have worthwhile and sought-after skills and knowledge that mean many different career paths are open to you.
Progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Teaching in schools or nurseries
- Care work (e.g. Healthcare Support Service Worker or Clinical Healthcare Support Worker)
- Social worker
- Police officer
Level 3 Counselling Diploma
Level 3 Access to Counselling & Psychology
Level 4 HNC Health Care Practice
Unit 1 Applying Counselling Skills (Mandatory)
Unit 2 Understanding Counselling Skills (Mandatory)
Unit 3 Reflective Practice in Counselling (Mandatory)
How will I be assessed?
- Q & A
- Role Plays
Will I have to provide anything?
Paper, pens, highlighters and plastic wallets.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course