Creating a Business Start-Up
- Type: Business | e-Learning
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Throughout the year
- Duration: 8-12 weeks based on 4 hours of study a week
- Study Mode: Online Learning
About the course
Over half a million businesses are started every year; however, 30% of these fail within the first two years. Having a better understanding of the initial processes and requirements of a business start-up can increase the chances of your business succeeding. If you’re looking to start your own business, or already have a business but want to develop and progress your business plan, this qualification will support you with the skills and knowledge you need.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Further your professional development
- Learn at a time that suits you, without the need to attend College
What you will learn
- Initial steps for a business start-up
- Marketing for a business start-up
- Legal and financial considerations when starting a business
- How to develop a business plan
How much does it cost?
This course is free* to study if you are:
- Aged 19 or over
- Living in UK and an EU resident for the last 3 years
- Have settled status in the UK if you are not a UK or EU national
*Costs for adult programmes has changed. If you live in a devolved area you may have to pay for your programme(s). This includes residents of Greater Cambridge and Peterborough.
If you currently reside in any of the devolved authorities listed below (based on you home postcode) your study with Harlow College is not eligible for AEB funding and you may be required to pay tuition fees:
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Greater Manchester
- Liverpool City Region
- Tees Valley
- West Midlands
- West of England
You may be eligible for funding from other providers.