- Type: Up-Skilling | Vocational Courses | Construction & Civil Engineering | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 1
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Variable
- Duration: Typically 2 weeks
About the course
On this course you will complete the Level 1 Award in Health & Safety in a Construction Environment which provides an important foundation to Health and Safety for individuals working or intending to work within the Construction industry.
You will achieve the Level 1 Health & Safety in a Construction Environment qualification.
Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 qualification
- Increase understanding of health and safety in a construction environment
- Further your personal development
- Gain a clear understanding of health and safety legislation
The qualification covers risk assessment, working at height, manual handling, improving health and safety at work and the safe operation of equipment. Once enrolled you will be sent online learning materials that you can complete at home. You will have the support of a dedicated tutor who will help guide you through the course.
This qualification, along with the CITB Health and Safety Operatives test, is required before you can apply for a CSCS card.
This qualification needs to be completed in conjunction with the NCFE L1 Certificate in Employability Skills qualification, once both qualifications are complete, we will book and pay for your CSCS test and Card (all tests will be booked once test centres re-open).
- Principles of risk assessment for maintaining and improving health and safety at work
- The importance of safe manual handling in the workplace.
- The importance of working safely at height in the workplace
- Risks to health within a construction environment.
- Risks to health within a construction environment
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course