- Type: Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 5
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 05 January 2022
- Time: 9:30 – 16:30
- Duration: 1 day per week (Wednesdays)
- Full Fee: £2,440
About the course
This course will prepare you with everything you need to start work in a full teaching/training role. You will learn and apply the practical and theoretical aspects of planning, teaching/training and assessing in Further and Adult Education or the private or public sector. This 55 week course is for perfect for anybody working either full or part-time in a full teacher, trainer or instructor role.
How much does it cost?
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You work as a teacher, trainer or instructor in the private or public sector or Further and Adult Education
- Have access to at least 100 hours of teaching, training or instructing groups over a twelve month period
- You have a Level 3 qualification in the subject you want to teach or substantial industry experience
- You hold a level 2 qualification or equivalent in English and maths.
The course offers a blended model of delivery, with weekly online live classes that support you with understanding the key topics and practising the skills you need to be successful in a training and teaching role. In the live classes you will be learning from both teacher input and from fellow students working in the same profession.
Skills you will develop:
- How to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning sessions
- Design creative and innovative resources
- Knowledge of the teaching profession and legislation
- How to ensure equality of opportunity in assessment practice
- Apply a range of effective behaviour management strategies
- How to support learners in the role of tutor
- Apply principles and practices of assessment
- Develop employability skills in learners
- Internally assure the quality of assessment
- Apply theories, principles and models in education and training
- Mentor colleagues
Where will this course take me?
QTLS / Certificate in Education / PGCE
- The roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Develop and prepare resources to support effective learning
- Wider professional practice
- Understanding and managing behaviour
- Preparing for the personal tutor role
- Understanding principles and practices of assessment
- Embedding employability skills
- Understanding the principles and practices of internally assuring the quality of assessment
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Preparing for the Mentoring Role
How will I be assessed?
Completion of eleven assignments and the creation of a portfolio of evidence which consists of:
- Eight one hour observations of your teaching
- Written work
- Video logs
- Weekly reflective journal
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?