- Type: Essential Digital Skills | Bright Futures Courses | Up-skill Your Workforce | English, Maths & Digital Skills
- Level: Dependent on initial assessment
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start: Flexible
- Duration: 1 lesson per week (3 hours) for 12 weeks
- Full Fee: FREE (subject to eligibility criteria)
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
Course venue: Bright Futures Training Centre in Harlow
Essential Digital Skills qualifications will help you to develop your digital skills for life, work or for use in further study. The qualifications designed for adults are based on the national standards and include:
- Using devices and handling information
- Creating and editing
- Communicating online
- Transacting (buying) online activities
- Being responsible, safe and legal online
Your course start date will depend on what level you are enrolled onto. You will complete an online initial assessment at Bright Futures Training Centre to identify the appropriate level for you. Upon completing your assessment, a tutor will review your results and discuss the appropriate course level for you to enrol on.
There are no entry requirements but to complete the course you should already have a some experience of using digital devices such as laptops, computers or tablets. Skills you would be expected to be able to do include:
- Turning on a device (including entering information such as a password)
- Using a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet
- Connecting to the internet and opening a browser
- Opening and accessing an application such as Word on a device
How much does it cost?
FREE (subject to eligibility criteria)
This course is ideal if you would like to improve your digital skills.
Where will this course take me?
The course is available at E3 and L1, you can progress through the levels if appropriate or move onto other programmes after you completed L1
How will I be assessed?
Ongoing feedback will be provided within the lessons. You will complete practical exercises related to the use of digital skills within everyday life and your final assessment will be a timed online e-assessment at the end of your course.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
You will need to complete an initial diagnostic to identify the appropriate level for you. Complete the expression of interest form below and we will contact you to arrange a time for you to complete it. Or call 01279 868100 and speak with an Admissions Adviser or pop into our Bright Futures centre.