- Type: Vocational Courses | Hospitality & Catering
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2019
- Duration: 1 year
About the course
This is a practical programme which helps you to develop your knowledge and skills for various styles of food service, including plate, silver service and buffet. In addition you will learn other workplace essentials like hygiene, health & safety, teamwork and customer care.
2 GCSEs at grade 3 and 2 GCSEs at grade 2
How much does it cost?
Free to students aged 16-18. Uniform, books and equipment £300, visits £80, locker £10.
City & Guilds
You will study a wide variety of subjects relating to health & safety, food hygiene and teamwork.You will also experience preparing and clearing areas for table service, serving food at the table, silver service, serving alcoholic and soft drinks, preparing and serving wines, preparing and serving dispensed and instant hot drinks. The course also incorporates the Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Where will this course take me?
NVQ Level 3 Hospitality Supervision. Employment as waiting staff in hotels, restaurant or industrial catering establishments.
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Give customers a positive impression of self and your organisation
- Maintain food safety when storing, holding and serving food
- Serve food at the table
- Serve alcoholic and soft drinks
- Prepare and serve wines
- Prepare and clear areas for table service
- Prepare and clear the bar area
- Maintain and deal with payments
How will I be assessed?
Observation, assessment, short answer tests and portfolio building.
Will I have to provide anything?
Uniform, books and equipment £300, visits £80, locker £10.
You may be entitled to receive a bursary to cover these costs
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course