- Sector: Business, Finance, Management, IT & Media | Apprenticeships | IT & Computing
- Level: 3
- Start Date: Variable
An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician sets people up on systems and provides support when they need it, rectifying issues to maintain the organizations’ productivity.
Am I ready to start?
Three GCSEs, (especially English, Mathematics and a Science or Technology subject); a relevant Level 2 Apprenticeship; other relevant qualifications and experience.
What does the course involve?
- Networking and Architecture
- Mobile and Operating System
- Cloud Services
- Coding and Logic
- Business Processes
Our Infrastructure Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship combines online learning, classroom/off-the-job training and on-the-job training/experience to develop real world skills using innovative technology.
On successful completion of the programme, you will gain minimum one of the following qualifications:
- MTA Networking Fundamentals
- Cisco CCENT
- MTA Mobility and Devices Fundamentals
- MTA Server Admin
- MTA Cloud Fundamentals
- Choice of one Microsoft course
How and when will I study?
Harlow College is conveniently based in the centre of Harlow.
Your Apprentice will benefit from:
- The highest quality of teaching by qualified, experienced industry experts
- Modern well equipped classrooms.
- Classroom based study which further develops apprentice’s team working ability, confidence and communication skills.
- Maths and English teaching essential to underpin and support workplace knowledge
- Learning at your premises by agreement
- Preparation for end point assessment
As part of our employer service you will benefit from:
- a named advisor supporting and advising you through the training process to successful completion
- progress reports
- regular, clear and concise communications
- our employer forum
Down to business, what can I do and what can I earn?
Possible careers include:
- Help Desk Technician
- First or Second Line Support,
- Second Line Support
- Network Support
- IT Infrastructure Technician
Got a job?
You must have a job to do an apprenticeship. If you already have a job you may be able to do an apprenticeship with your current employer.
If you don’t have a job for your apprenticeship – apply for your place at College by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the top and bottom of the page.
Once you have applied please check out our apprenticeship job vacancies.
An apprenticeship comprises two parts:
- Typically 20% study element (at Harlow College or Stansted Airport College).
- 80% work based element with an employer. It is your responsibility to find an employer.