- Type: Construction & Civil Engineering | Vocational Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Variable
- Full Fee: £850
About the course
If you're are an experienced, time-served carpenter but have no confirming qualifications, this course is a quick route to NVQ level 2. It will also help you get the right CSCS card.
This is a course for very experienced workers who do not require any further training.
You must hold a current Health and Safety qualification and have over five years experience in the industry.
How much does it cost?
Who is it suitable for?
The criteria for all EWPA candidates include:
- Experienced in your trade
- Sufficient experience of the your trade for the NVQ so that planning your working day, problem solving and decision making and working to deadlines etc are a usual day-to-day activity
- An ability to cope with the demands of a practical assessment process
- An ability to work safely at all times
- An ability to discuss your work activities with others
Where will this course take me?
After completing this qualification you can apply for an Experienced Worker CSCS card.
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace
- Installing First Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Installing Second Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Maintaining Non-structural Carpentry Work in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace
How will I be assessed?
Centre-based practical assessment, witness testimonies and professional discussions. The assessment method combines the use of witness testimonies, employer endorsement, practical assessment, professional discussion and questions and answers to ensure learners meet the standards of the NVQ units.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course