- Type: T Levels | Childcare | Vocational Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2022
- Duration: 1 year
About the course
You will gain knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to seven years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0 – 5 years.
GCSEs in English and Maths at Grade 3
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
Throughout the course there will be a wide range of practical activities in every unit. These include activities such as bottle making, planning and preparing activities for children 0-5years, caring for a virtual baby overnight, carrying out risk assessment and setting up enabling learning environments.
Shadowing in the work place Team building activities both in and out of college Educational trips
Industrial specialists including Health visitors, Nursery Managers, Teachers, Speech and Language therapists and Play workers.
You will have the opportunity of a placement in a wide range of Early years settings including full-time day nurseries, Pre-Schools and Primary Schools.
Where will this course take me?
T Level Education and Childcare
- Early Years Practitioner
- Child Psychologist
- Play Worker
- Speech and Language Therapist
- Roles and responsibilities
- Health and safety
- Equality, diversity and inclusive practice
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children
- Understand how to support children’s development
- Support care routines
- Support the planning and delivery of activities, purposeful play opportunities and educational programmes
- Promoting play
- Support well-being of babies and young children for healthy lifestyles
- Support babies and young children to be physically active
- Support the needs of babies and young children with SEND
- Promote positive behaviour in Early Years settings
- Partnership working in the Early Years
- Support the needs of the child in preparing for school
How will I be assessed?
Will include a wide range of assessment methods including written assignments, videos, professional discussions, posters and observations on placement.
Will I have to provide anything?
Childcare Polo shirts x 2 approximate cost £25
Textbook approximate cost £30
Pens and paper, Folder
DBS approximate cost £40
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course