- Type: T Levels | Vocational Courses | Science
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2021
- Duration: 1 year
About the course
The T Level Pathway Programme is a new type of 16 to 19 study programme, specifically designed to develop the skills, experience, knowledge and behaviours to support progression onto and success on a T Level. It is targeted at students who are not ready to start a T Level but have the potential, once successful, to progress onto one following a tailored preparation programme.
At least 4 GCSE grades that are grade 3 and above
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
Who is it suitable for?
For students looking to progress into a range of careers that involve laboratory science but do not have the requirements to or study science at level 3.
The T Level Transition Programme consists of five core components which are tailored to the needs of individual students:
- A diagnostic and guidance period which will help us assess your capability and support needs so we can tailor your support. We will also help you decide which T Level route you want to prepare for.
- English and maths are core components of the T Level Transition programme and if you have not already achieved at least a GCSE grade 4 in English and/or maths we will support you to continue studying and achieve this.
- We will support you with work experience and work preparation to help you develop the skills, behaviours, attitudes and confidence you need to prepare you for the T Level Industry Placement.
- To make sure you are well prepared for your chosen T Level the programme will offer introductory technical skills which are relevant for your chosen T Level route. This consists of an accredited Level 2 qualification , projects based learning and industry visit
- We are committed to offering high quality pastoral support and personal development opportunities. We will provide you with relevant and meaningful support to address barriers to education, support emotional and/or mental health difficulties, and support the development of your study reflective and resilience skills.
Where will this course take me?
After completing this course successfully you will have a Level 2 Extended Certificate in Applied Science and Technology and progress onto the T Level in laboratory Sciences (Level 3) if all the requirements are met.
If you change your mind, we can assist you in selecting other pathways towards a career in Science.
- Biology and our Environment
- Chemistry and our Earth
- Energy and our Universe
- Using Mathematical Tools in Science and Technology
- Working in Science and Technology
- Carrying out a Science or technology project
Occupational Specialism: Supporting Healthcare
Performance outcome 1: assist with an individual’s overall care and needs to ensure comfort and wellbeing
Performance outcome 2: assist registered health professionals with clinical or therapeutic tasks and interventions
Performance outcome 3: undertake a range of physiological measurements
How will I be assessed?
Portfolio of Evidence which includes:
- topic tests
Will I have to provide anything?
- Recommended course text as per your interview, enrolment information to follow.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course