- Type: Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Friday, 11 November 2022 Friday, 24 February 2023
- Time: Friday 9.30-12.30
- Duration: Max 6 months duration
- Full Fee: £390
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
For aspiring assessors, admin staff, managers, HR or quality assurance personnel wishing to understand the assessment process and best practice.
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £390
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You aspire to be an assessor.
- Are ideally working with a training provider or have an awareness of assessment
- Have contact with an experienced assessor in the workplace for mentoring support
Learners will be invited to attend an initial induction session on a 1:1 basis, complete a skill scan and start a training plan for the course. Assignments are completed following attendance of a further three x 3-hour delivery sessions. Personal research and study will be required. Each learner will have access to a personal tutor/assessor for delivery and 1:1 work.
This is a knowledge only Award consisting of 1 unit.
Where will this course take me?
Any of the other TAQA L3 units or a Teacher training course.
- The principles and requirements of assessment
- Understanding different types of assessment
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand the assessors’ contribution to quality assurance
- Understand how to manage information relating to occupational competence
- Understand legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
How will I be assessed?
Written responses to an assignment will be captured in an e portfolio system, which also provide online assessment decisions and feedback. A CPD record and reflective journal will need to be completed.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course