- Sector: Aviation Operations | Apprenticeships | Leadership and Management
- Level: 2
- Start Date: Variable
About Finding an Employer
You MUST have an employer before you can start an apprenticeship. You can search for an apprenticeship job here.
If you don't yet have an employer you can still apply for an apprenticeship and we wil try to help you find an employer.
12-18 months – 1 day a week at College and 4 Days a week in the workplace
The Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading builds and broadens the skills and knowledge gained in the workplace, provides key knowledge and practical applications, and assesses the transference of the knowledge into behaviours in the workplace.
Am I ready to start?
You must be working in a team leader or supervisory role and have a good basic understanding of the use of ICT skills, English and maths.
How does an Apprenticeship Work?
Harlow College is conveniently based in the centre of Harlow.
The Apprentice will benefit from:
- High quality teaching by qualified, experienced and competent trainers.
- Modern well equipped classrooms
- Classroom based study which further develops apprentice’s team working ability, confidence and communication skills.
- Maths and English teaching essential to underpin and support workplace knowledge
- Learning at your premises by agreement
- Development of key management skills which includes communication, team working skills, people management skills, professional development and conflict management.
The Employer will benefit from:
- A named advisor supporting and advising you through the training process to successful completion
- Progress reports
- Regular, clear and concise communications
- Our employer forum
What does the course involve?
- Diploma in Team Leading 60132164
- Functional Skills Level 1 English
- Functional Skills Level 1 Mathematics
- Functional Skills Level 1 ICT
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) & Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
You will be required to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and behaviours across 10 key areas. These include:
- Leading People
- Managing People
- Building Relationships
- Operational Management
- Project Management
- Awareness of self
- Management of self
- Decision Making
An End Point Assessment will test the entire Standard, and will comprise of: Knowledge test, Competency based Interview, Assessment of portfolio of evidence and a professional discussion.
This qualification is graded Pass/Merit/Distinction/Fail
Down to business, what can I do and what can I earn?
- Trainee Manager
- Assistant Manager
- First Line Manager
- Senior Supervisor
- Specialist manager roles such as junior project manager
On completion, you may choose to register as Associate members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, to support their professional career development and progression. You could also progress to higher level management roles and be working as a Deputy Manager, Operations Manager, Client Relationship Manager, Hospitality Manager, Technical Manager, Asset Manager and many more.
Stansted Airport and its business partners offer many exciting career opportunities and this qualification will enable you to progress into a first line management role within a number of different sectors. You could work as a Supervisor, Team Leader, Project Officer, Shift Supervisor, Foreperson, or Shift Manager within a range of organisations.
We currently work closely with a number of highly reputable companies to ensure learners are developing the skills they require to have a successful career. These include Flightworx, MAG, Novotel, Hilton, Swissport and many more.
Got a job?
You must have a job to do an apprenticeship. If you already have a job you may be able to do an apprenticeship with your current employer.
If you don’t have a job for your apprenticeship – apply for your place at College by clicking the 'Apply Now' button at the top and bottom of the page.
Once you have applied please check out our apprenticeship job vacancies.
An apprenticeship comprises two parts:
- Typically 20% study element (at Harlow College or Stansted Airport College).
- 80% work based element with an employer. It is your responsibility to find an employer.