Leadership and Team Skills Level 2
- Type: New for January 2019 | Professional Training | Part-time & Adult Courses | Leadership and Management
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Thursday, 24 January 2019
- Time: Thursdays 17:30-20:30
- Duration: 10 weeks
- Full Fee: £724
About the course
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop and enhance your management skills. Through studying and applying theoretical frameworks around the field of management you will apply your learning in a practical approach, allowing you to become more competent and confident as a manager.
Minimum level 1 or equivalent in maths and English. You must be working in a suitable role, ideally as a team leader/supervisor.
You will need to attend an interview either face-to-face or via telephone prior to the course starting.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is designed to help you boost your performance as a team member and help you make the transition from working in a team to leading a team. If you are a practising team leader, they will help you be more effective and confident in your role.
The units in these qualifications cover a wide range of skills, knowledge and understanding. These include units that focus on communication, working with people, providing direction and leadership, and getting results – from problem-solving to planning and monitoring workloads.
In addition to monthly classes all learners will be expected to complete independent study outside of the classroom. This varies from week to week but could include set readings, research or gathering information from within the workplace.
The UK currently lags behind its G7 competitors’ average productivity levels by an average of 18%. Poor management is estimated to cost the UK £84bn in lost productivity per year. Closing the productivity gap means recognising the pivotal role of management and leadership skills in improving productivity and a national focus on replacing ‘accidental managers’ with confident, competent, qualified managers.
Where will this course take me?
On successful completion of a Level 2 qualification in Leadership and Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. Level 2 Diploma in Team Leading)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. level 3 leadership and management)
- Progress into a junior management role
The qualification is made up of a mixture of units and can include:
- Planning and organising work
- Managing yourself
- Developing yourself as a team leader
- Giving briefings and making presentations
- Communicating with people outside the work team
- Leading the work team
- Setting objectives in the workplace
- Induction and coaching in the workplace
How will I be assessed?
Assessment methods include word constrained written assignment and presentations.
Will I have to provide anything?
You need to bring your own mobile device that can connect to the College Wi-Fi e.g. tablet, smartphone etc.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course