Award in Education and Training
- Type: Professional Training | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 03 March 2020
- Time: 16:00 – 19:00
- Duration: 1 day per week (Tuesdays)
- Full Fee: £450
About the course
Learn the practical and theoretical aspects of training and assessing in the private or public sectoror FE college. This 15 week course is an introduction to training and teaching which is suitable for current trainers and teachers or those wishing to become a trainer or teacher. The course aims to develop knowledge and skills, involving the delivery of two 15 minute micro-teach activities. There is no requirement to be working as a trainer or teacher.
Open to any 19+ learner. There are no entry requirements or interviews prior to entry.
Also suitable for current trainers and teachers or those wishing to become a trainer or teacher.
How much does it cost?
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You work, or want to work as a trainer in the private or public sector
- You are not in a training or teaching role, or who have just started a training or teaching role
- Want an insight into what a career in training or teaching in an FE college would be like
- Want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
- You are working as an assessor, and wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching
- If you are currently training or teaching and want to work towards qualified teacher status
The course offers a blended model of delivery, with weekly sessions that support you with understanding the key topics and practising the skills you need to be successful in a training and teaching role.
Skills you will develop:
- How to apply appropriate training and teaching approaches
- Session planning skills
- How to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- How to use digital applications to support training and teaching
- How to apply a range of different assessment methods
- How to evaluate training and teaching sessions and identify improvements
Where will this course take me?
Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships of trainers and teachers
- The legislation that impacts on the work of trainers and teachers
- Delivering training sessions to groups
- Inclusive training and learning approaches
- Assessment of learners
How will I be assessed?
Completion of two 15 minute micro-teach sessions and the creation of a portfolio of evidence which consists of:
- Written work
- Video logs
- Reflective journal
Will I have to provide anything?
A mobile device, such as a smart phone, tablet or laptop would be beneficial to have at the sessions.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course