- Type: Vocational Courses | Part-time & Adult Courses | Hair & Beauty
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time and Part-time
- Start: September 2021
- Duration: 1 Year
About the course
This course is ideal for therapists looking for a career in all aspects of the beauty industry, potential entrepreneurs aspiring to set up a small business or for those looking to work within the spa/leisure industry.
Level 2 in Beauty Therapy
Learn the advanced skills and techniques of beauty therapy. You will have an opportunity to try out your practical skills on your fellow students and the final assessment of these skills will be carried out by applying treatments to paying members of the public. You will sit a series of written papers over the course of the year.
Part-time courses require 100% commitment and learners should expect to do between 5-10 hours self-directed study at home each week.
Where will this course take me?
Salon job opportunities, setting up or enhancing your own business or progression onto Foundation Degree programmes.
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
- Provide body massage treatments
- Provide Indian head massage
- Carry out massage using pre-blended aromatherapy oils
- Provide stone therapy treatments
- Provide facial electrical treatments
- Facial electricals
How will I be assessed?
You will have a mixture of practical sessions in the salon and classroom-based lessons teaching underpinning knowledge. You will be expected to complete hairdressing/beauty/barbering services on paying clients in the commercial salon.
It is expected that you may need to bring in your own clients for practical assessments. Educational trips will also be available to enhance learning.
You will be assessed through:
- Online exams
- Practical observations
Will I have to provide anything?
Beauty kit, uniform, shoes, A4 lever arch files, pens, textbook. Approx cost £85.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course