- Apply Now
- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Free Courses for Jobs | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 18 January 2024
- Time: 5.30 – 8.30pm
- Duration: 32 weeks – one evening p/w
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
About the course
After successfully completing this course, you will have worthwhile and sought-after skills and knowledge that mean many different career paths are open to you.
This course enables you to become a qualified counsellor by enrolling on a Level 4 counselling qualification.
Level 2 Certificate in Counselling or other level 2 health related qualifications at a pass.
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £1500
This course if free if you meet any one of the criteria below:
- In receipt of benefits
- Earns less than £20,319
- First full level 3 qualification
This course can also be funded through an Advanced Learner Loan.
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
This course consists of 5 units:
Unit 1: Developing counselling skills
- Understand how to establish a relationship using counselling skills
- Be able to establish a relationship using counselling skills
Unit 2: Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Understand core concepts of the main theoretical approaches to counselling
Unit 3: Working ethically with counselling skills
- Understand what is meant by an ethical framework
Unit 4: Counselling skills and diversity
- Understand the meaning of discrimination
- Understand issues of diversity
Unit 5: Counselling skills and personal development
- Know own development needs
How will I be assessed?
- Q & A
- Role Plays
Will I have to provide anything?
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course