- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 28 September 2023
- Time: 5.30 – 8.30pm
- Duration: 2 years
About the course
After you have developed knowledge and understanding in the main approaches to counselling, you will evaluate the underlying concepts and principles of a core chosen approach to/model of counselling. You will learn how the chosen approach views human development and psychological change, with comparison to another approach. You will also understand the practical application of your chosen approach to clinical practice. The placement requirement in this qualification is essential to the personal and professional development of the practitioner.
English Level 2
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £3495
Additional associated course costs apply e.g. BACP student Membership (Approx. £86), DBS Check (Approx. £43) and Indemnity Insurance.
STUDENT FINANCE OPTION
Student loan of up to £2882 is available towards the cost of this course.
Who is it suitable for?
You must be over 21 years of age to study this course.
After successfully completing this course, you will have a level 4 qualification and can apply for accreditation from the BACP to enable you to be a counsellor.
- Assessments use ‘reflective learning’ techniques to encourage self-development, mirroring common practice in the counselling industry.
- Focus on applied practice, not just theory.
- Developed in partnership with professional, practicing counsellors who are experts who understand the industry.
- It includes 100 hours of industry placement experience
- Level 4 qualification has been designed (as far as possible) to meet the registration and membership requirements of both the National Counselling Society (NCS) and the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapist Registered membership
A National Counselling Society Accredited Course
Where will this course take me?
- Counsellor within the Health and Social Care Area
- Counsellor with the NHS
- Counsellor within education
- Counsellor for Victim Support
- Counsellor for MIND
- Supervised Practice in Counselling (Mandatory)
- Counselling Theory (Mandatory)
- Counselling Theory A chosen approach (Mandatory)
- Counselling in organisations
- Blended Practice
- Working with Anxiety
- Working with Groups
How will I be assessed?
- Role Plays
- Written examination
- Scenario Analysis
- Work experience observations
- In-house assessment for accreditation with the BACP
Will I have to provide anything?
Paper, pens, highlighters and plastic wallets
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course