- Type: New for January 2019 | Professional Training | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Thursday, 17 January 2019
- Time: Thursday 6pm - 8pm
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Full Fee: £100
About the course
This course is designed to introduce you to counselling skills. Those intending to become practicing counsellors can progress to the level 2 Certificate. It is designed to provide education and training for those who may use counselling skills when working with others and learners may increase the knowledge, understanding and skills needed as an introduction to counselling skills.
No formal entry requirements. You must be at least 16 years of age.
How much does it cost?
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wishes to learn counselling skills.
Where will this course take me?
Learners can progress to the BTEC Level 2 Certificate
Employment as a Counsellor
- Listening Skills, reflective skills and how to handle confrontation
- Reflective and mindful skills
- Identifying core counselling skills
- Diversity & ethics in the use of counselling skills
- Practise, role plays and group work
How will I be assessed?
- Observation & feedback
- Written assignments, seminars, discussion and tasks such as leaflets, booklets charts, role play, posters and diagrams.
Will I have to provide anything?
Pens, A4 notepad.