- Type: Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: September 2021
- Time: Thursday evening 6pm-8pm
- Duration: 1 day p/w for 12 weeks
- Full Fee: £90 – free to anyone in receipt of benefits
About the course
This course is a short but informative example of the benefits of counselling. You will learn about counselling skills, theories and personal development. This is an excellent course if you would like to know the basics about counselling or as a first step towards a higher level course.
No formal entry requirements
How much does it cost?
£90 – free to anyone in receipt of benefits
£5.00 for additional learning materials
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wishes to learn counselling skills.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) is designed to provide:
- education and training for those who may use counselling skills when working with others
- opportunities for those who may use counselling skills when working with others to achieve a nationally-recognised, Level 2, vocationally-specific qualification
- opportunities for learners to gain a nationally-recognised, vocationally-specific qualification to assist in entering employment in fields working with people or to progress to further vocational qualifications such as the Edexcel BTEC Level 3 Certificate or Diploma in Counselling Skills
- the knowledge, understanding and skills learners need as an introduction to counselling skills
- opportunities for you to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
Whole-class discussions on core counselling skills followed by learners practising skills in triads.
Empathic circle exercise.
Role play/skills practice of contracting/Scenarios.
Where will this course take me?
- Progress to the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
- Counsellor (would need to do a degree)
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- Safeguarding officer
Unit 1: Using Counselling Skills
Unit 2: Introduction to Counselling Skills Theories 27
Unit 3: Diversity and Ethics in the Use of Counselling Skills Unit 4: Counselling Skills and Personal Development
How will I be assessed?
- Role Play/Scenarios
- Practical Activities
Will I have to provide anything?
A4 Pad for notetaking
Pens & Paper
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course