- Type: Automotive Studies | Part-time Evening Courses | Free Courses for Jobs | Training Voucher Courses | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 14 September 2022
- Time: 6-9pm
- Duration: 3 weeks (1 evening p/w Wednesdays)
About the course
This Course is for individuals who have an interest in gaining the knowledge to work safely when carrying out routine maintenance activities on Electric/Hybrid vehicles.
It is therefore designed for those people who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation. It also contains the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
This Award sized qualification offers an introduction to this specialised industry sector which in addition to complimenting their current industry qualifications and experience.
How much does it cost?
If you are Unemployed, in receipt of benefits or earning less than £17,374.50 – This course is FREE
Harlow Residents can receive a £600 training voucher to cover the cost of this training.
Who is it suitable for?
This level 2 Award is designed for technicians who maintain and repair hybrid technology vehicles (not the actual hybrid system). It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle's hybrid system, whilst carrying out repairs or maintenance. On completion of this ‘single unit’ qualification, technicians will have gained knowledge of high voltage hybrid technologies and an understanding of their dangers.
These qualifications could also provide the essential knowledge and skills for members of the emergency services who may attend an accident involving a high voltage hybrid vehicle.
Where will this course take me?
You could progress on to the L3 Award in Hybrid Electric Vehicle Repair and Replacement
It contains one mandatory unit covering knowledge of:
- electric/hybrid vehicle system components and operation
- hazards surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles
- how to reduce the risks to yourself and others when working on electric/hybrid vehicles
- safely preparing the vehicle when carrying routine maintenance (NOT high voltage components or systems)
How will I be assessed?
multiple choice test
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course