- Type: Vocational Courses | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Thursday, 09 May 2019
- Time: Thursdays 6pm-8pm
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Full Fee: £60
About the course
This course is designed to introduce you to fitness instructing. It will include practical assessments within the gym as well as knowledge of the importance of fitness, anatomy and physiology. You will be required to wear appropriate gym wear and trainers.
No entry qualifications or experience required.
How much does it cost?
£60 (Fee could be reduced if you are unemployed or earning less than £15,736 a year)
£30 Gym Membership
£45 for DBS checks
The units will provide you with a good knowledge and understanding of the leisure industry and how to lead clients through a range of gym-based exercises. The course is ideal for those who would like the pursuit a career in the fitness and leisure industry.
You will learn through research, gym sessions and blended learning.
Where will this course take me?
- Career as a fitness instructor or within the health and fitness sector.
- Opportunity to progress onto the Level 2 Award in Instructing Circuit Training Sessions.
- Employment opportunities: Fitness Instructor within a gym.
How will I be assessed?
- Observation & feedback
- Written assignments, seminars, discussion and tasks such as booklets and diagrams.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will be required to wear appropriate gym wear and trainers.
Pens, A4 notepad.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course