- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Free Courses for Jobs | Part-time & Adult Courses | Hospitality & Catering
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Time: 5-9.30pm Tuesdays
- Duration: 16 weeks – 3 hours p/w
About the course
The Patisserie and Confectionery Certicate is ideal for those looking to become professional pastry chefs, those wishing to develop patisserie skills to a professional standard, for individuals who enjoy this area of cookery as a hobby and for those employees looking to further their knowledge and skills in this area.
How much does it cost?
Free if you meet any one of the criteria below:
In receipt of benefits Earns less than £17,374.50 First full level 2 qualification (aged 19-23 only)
Who is it suitable for?
The Patisserie and Confectionery Certicate course is suitable for those wishing to develop patisserie skills to a professional standard. Although some theory is included the emphasis is on practical learning. The course is 80% hands on with much of the emphasis on practical learning, theory is very much linked to practical learning on the evening. The course is largely achieved by practice and practical assessments.
City & Guilds
Where will this course take me?
- Pastry chef in a restaurant
- Run own small business
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
- Produce paste products
- Produce biscuit, cakes and sponge products
- Produce fermented products
- Fermented products
- Making of bread, enriched bun dough and brioche. Shaping, proving and finishing
- Make sweet pastry, short paste, process puff pastry and choux pastry
- Lining and finishing of pastries and tarts
- Making of fillings such as crème patisserie, curds and crème diplomat
- Finishes including glazes and fondant
- Hot and cold desserts
- Mousses, brulees, souffles, tortes and meringue products
- Making of crème anglaise
- Cakes and sponges
- Fatless sponge, genoise, cakes made by different methods, making of simple sugar flowers and decorating and finishing of cakes
- Basic tempering of chocolate
How will I be assessed?
Theory short answer tests, assignments and practical exams.
Will I have to provide anything?
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course