Leadership and Management Level 3
- Type: New for January 2019 | Professional Training | Part-time & Adult Courses | Leadership and Management
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Time: Day delivery 09:30-16:30
- Duration: 16 weeks
- Full Fee: £795
8 January, 5 February, 5 March, 2 April 2019
About the course
This course provides you with the opportunity to develop and enhance your management skills. Through studying and applying theoretical frameworks around the field of management you will apply your learning in a practical approach, allowing you to become more competent and confident as a manager.
Minimum level 2 or equivalent in maths and English. Learners must be working in a suitable role, ideally as a middle manager.
All applicants will need to attend an interview either face to face or via telephone prior to the course starting.
Who is it suitable for?
This qualification is ideal if you are have management responsibilities but no formal training, and are serious about developing your abilities. It’s particularly suited to practising team leaders seeking to move up to the next level of management, and managers who need to lead people through organisational change, budget cuts or other pressures.
The UK currently lags behind its G7 competitors’ average productivity levels by an average of 18%. Poor management is estimated to cost the UK £84bn in lost productivity per year. Closing the productivity gap means recognising the pivotal role of management and leadership skills in improving productivity and a national focus on replacing ‘accidental managers’ with confident, competent, qualified managers.
Where will this course take me?
On successful completion of a Level 3 qualification in Leadership and Management, a number of progression opportunities become available:
- Progress to other qualifications at the same level (e.g. Level 3 Diploma in Leadership and Management)
- Progress to other qualifications at the next level (e.g. level 4 management)
- Progress into a middle management role
The qualification is made up of a mixture of units and can include:
- Planning and allocating work
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Understand the communication process in the workplace
- Giving briefings and making presentations
- Understanding innovation and change in an organisation
- Understand how to motivate to improve performance
- Presentation skills
How will I be assessed?
Assessment methods include word constrained written assignment and presentations
Will I have to provide anything?
You need to bring your own mobile device that can connect to the College Wi-Fi e.g. tablet, smartphone etc.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course