- Type: Part-time & Adult Courses | Bright Futures Training Centre
- Level: Entry Level 3, L1 & L2
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: Monday, 26 April 2021
- Time: 09:30-12.30 Classroom – 13.30-16.30 Online learning
- Duration: 12 weeks
About the course
Unemployed and aged 16-25? The Prince’s Trust Team programme is designed to build confidence, meet new people and develop knowledge and skills that will help you move into further education or employment.
This fun and engaging 12 week programme will require you to attend 5 days a weeks. This programme is very interactive and engaging and you will complete a variety of activities that will not only get you using your logical thinking skills but will also get you moving!
This course is aimed at learners that are aged 16-25
No experience is required; however, as part of the induction process you will be required to complete some English and maths assessments.
The course is fully funded subject to eligibility criteria.
How much does it cost?
FREE (subject to eligibility criteria)
You will develop and refine problem solving strategies, building the confidence and skills required to tackle unfamiliar challenges. During the course you will get the opportunity to improve your communication, organisation and team working skills as well as the confidence to practice your presentation skills.
How it works
Join Team, our 12-week personal development programme, for the chance to gain new skills, take a qualification and meet new people.
When you come on board, you’ll be challenged to:
- Take on your own group community project, making a positive difference to the place where you live
- Take part in action packed team building events
- Take part in work placement days to gain valuable work experience in something you’re interested in
- Develop your English, Maths and Digital skills
As part of the course, we also spend some time developing your interview and CV skills to ensure your confidence is sky-high for when taking the next step.
During the course you will achieve a Certificate in Employment, Teamwork and Community Skills. The qualification recognises a breadth of personal skills, qualities and attitudes required by employers across a range of sectors
They give you the opportunity to:
- Develop your own personal growth and engagement in, and through, learning
- Engage in learning that is relevant to you and support your development of personal skills and attributes that are essential for working life and employment
- Prepare you for progression into further education programmes, apprenticeships or other work based learning
- Develop your English and Mathematics skills
During the course you will achieve a number of different units that have been built into your programme. These will include:
- Career planning
- Community Project
- Planning for personal development
- Work experience
- Teamwork skills
- Supporting other people in the community
- Presentation skills
Bonus Qualifications (exclusive to Bright Futures)
At Bright Futures we want to give you the best experience possible, which is why we’ve designed these extra programmes exclusively for you.
- Mental Wellbeing Qualification
- British Values Qualification
- Food safety
- First aid
Where will this course take me?
Full time study, apprenticeship or full-time employment.
How will I be assessed?
Ongoing feedback will be provided within the classroom lessons both from your Tutor and peers. You will create a portfolio of evidence through the duration of the course that will be assessed by your Tutor and this culminates in an end of course presentation to celebrate all you have achieved and learnt to friends, family and staff.
Will I have to provide anything?
All course materials are provided.