- Type: Childcare | Vocational Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses
- Level: 2
- Study Mode: Part-time 1 day a week in College
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
This course offers learners first-hand experience of working in the education sector, whilst learning the knowledge and putting it into practice. Many students find part-time or full employment from the course whilst volunteering in the setting.
Secure a placement for at least 2 days a week that will enable all criteria to be covered.
There is an expectation you will be either volunteering or employed within a school setting prior to enrolling on this course as there is a requirement to undertake at least 100 hours of work experience during the course.
Who is it suitable for?
Adults who would like a change of career
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £633
This course is free if you meet any one of the criteria below:
- In receipt of benefits
- Earns less than £18,525
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Where will this course take me?
You can progress onto Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools – Adult Course Level 3
- SWSC1: Understand schools and colleges as organisations
- SWSC2: Understand children and young people’s development
- SWSC5: Safeguarding children and young people
- STL2C4: Equality, diversity and inclusion in a learning environment for children and young people
- STL2C5: Maintain relationships with children and young people
- STL2C6: Support the health and safety of children and young people
- STL2C7: Support positive behaviour in a learning environment for children and young people
- STL2C8: Contribute to teamwork in a learning environment
- STL2C9: Understand children and young people’s play and leisure
- STL2C10: Promote an effective learning environment
- STL2C11: Provide displays in a learning environment
How will I be assessed?
Written work and observations
Will I have to provide anything?
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course