TAQA Level 4 Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Apply Now
- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 4
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 13 January 2023 | 20 May 2022 | 21 April 2023
- Time: Friday – 9.30-12.30
- Duration: 1 day p/w for 4 weeks
- Full Fee: £960
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
For senior practitioners with the responsibility for leading the strategic IQA plan for a centre / organisation. This Award consists of 3 units.
How much does it cost?
Course fee: £960
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- you are a senior leader of the IQA process within a centre or organisation and have a responsibility for managing the quality of the assessment process, practice and performance of assessors. You may also have the responsibility of leading on visits from outside agencies, such as awarding organisations.
Learners will be invited to attend an initial induction session on a 1:1 basis, complete a skill scan and start a training plan for the course. Attendance of three x 3-hour delivery sessions is required, along with further personal research and study. Each learner will have access to a personal tutor / assessor for delivery and 1:1 work. Identifying a mentor in your own workplace is recommended for your personal support and coaching opportunities.
Where will this course take me?
Level 4 / 5 Teaching qualification
- Understand the context and principles of internal quality assurance
- Understand how to plan the IQA of assessment
- Understand the techniques and criteria for monitoring the quality of assessment internally
- Understand how to internally maintain and improve the quality of assessment
- Understand how to manage information relevant to the IQA of assessment
- Understand legal and good practice requirements for the IQA of assessment
- How to apply the IQA cycle in the workplace
- How to plan and run IQA standardisation meetings, supporting your assessment team
- Reflective practice and building a CPD record
- Planning, monitoring and allocating work via a strategic IQA plan to team members
- Monitor and review the work plan, communication appropriately with team members
How will I be assessed?
Written responses to questions will be captured in an e portfolio system, which also provide online assessment decisions and provide feedback. You must have access to a team of assessors and be actively involved in IQA. Performance evidence for the second unit, is gathered following naturally occurring evidence from the workplace, to demonstrate your competence in carrying out the IQA cycle and other key tasks.
The third unit focuses on the Strategic IQA plan you produce and allocating responsibilities and reviewing progress of its implementation with team members. Performance evidence and a professional discussion will be required. A CPD record and reflective journal will need to be completed.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course