- Apply Now!
- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 21 February 2023
- Time: Tuesdays 4.00pm-7.00pm
- Duration: 15 weeks 1 day per week
Please note that all courses are subject to a minimum application number in order to run
About the course
Learn the practical and theoretical aspects of training and assessing in the private or public sector. This 15 week course is an introduction to training and teaching which is suitable for current trainers and FE teachers or those wishing to become a trainer or FE teacher. There is no requirement to be working as a trainer or teacher.
The course offers weekly online live classes that support you with understanding the key topics and practising the skills you need to be successful in a training and teaching role. In the live classes you will be learning from both teacher input and from fellow students working in the same profession.
Start date: 21st February 2023
End date: 20th June 2023
Open to any 19+ learner. There are no entry requirements or interviews prior to entry.
Also suitable for current trainers and FE teachers or those wishing to become a trainer or teacher in Further Education.
If you want to teach in schools, we have a qualification that is better suited to you here.
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £450.
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- You work, or want to work as a trainer in the private or public sector
- You are not in a training or college teaching role, or who have just started a training or college teaching role
- Want an insight into what a career in training or teaching in a Further Education college would be like
- Want a short qualification to enable them to make career choices
- You are working as an assessor, and wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to FE teaching
- If you are currently training or teaching and want to work towards Further Education qualified teacher status
Through a range of activities and discussion you will be learning about:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships of trainers and FE teachers
- The legislation that impacts on the work of trainers and FE teachers
- Delivering training sessions to groups
- Inclusive training and learning approaches
- Assessment of learners
- How to apply appropriate training and FE teaching approaches
- Session planning skills
- How to deliver inclusive sessions that motivate learners
- How to use digital applications to support training and FE teaching
- How to apply a range of different assessment methods
- How to evaluate training and FE teaching sessions and identify improvements
Where will this course take me?
Can lead towards the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training for Further Education College Teachers.
How will I be assessed?
Completion of a 15 minute micro-teach session and the creation of a portfolio of evidence which consists of:
- Written work
- Video logs
- Reflective journal
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course