- Apply Now
- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Free Courses for Jobs | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 11 November 2022 | 24 February 2023
- Time: Friday – 9.30-12.30
- Duration: 1 day p/w for 4 weeks
- Full Fee: £850
Applications for courses starting in September must be completed by Friday 30th June. Applications received after this date will go through our late interview and enrolment process. This may delay your course start date.
About the course
For teachers, trainers or assessors who assess the demonstration of competence in both the workplace and classroom environments, using a variety of assessment methods. This certificate consists of 3 Units (1 x knowledge-based unit and 2 x performance-based unit).
How much does it cost?
The fee for this course is: £850
Contact Us or call 01279 868100 to get the most up-to-date info on fees and the financial support that may be available.
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- Are a trainee assessor assessing a caseload of learners working for an employer (i.e. Apprentices or those on work experience) and assessing in a classroom environment.
- Have access to assessment of at last 4 learners
Learners will be invited to attend an initial induction session on a 1:1 basis, complete a skill scan and start a training plan for the course. Attendance of the delivery sessions is required, along with personal research and study. Access to a mentor in the workplace is recommended. Each learner will have access to a personal tutor/assessor for delivery and 1:1 work.
Where will this course take me?
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (full Award), a L4 TAQA qualification or a Teacher training qualification.
- Principles and requirements of assessment
- Understanding different types of assessment
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand the assessors’ contribution to quality assurance
- Understand how to manage information relating to occupational competence
- Understand legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- How to apply the principles and requirement of assessment
- How to apply the assessment cycle when working with apprentices / work based learners and classroom based learners
- How your role impacts on quality assurance
- How to apply reflective practice within your role.
How will I be assessed?
Following delivery of the underpinning knowledge, the knowledge-based unit is assessed by a written assignment. Performance evidence is generated by collation of naturally occurring work-based evidence to demonstrate completion of the full assessment cycle at least 4 times. Per performance based unit. This includes a minimum of 2 observations in the workplace for each of the performance-based units. A CPD record and reflective journal will need to be completed.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
The Assessment criteria for the qualification you are responsible for delivering
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course