- Type: Part-time Evening Courses | Free Courses for Jobs | Training Voucher Courses | Professional / Vocational | Part-time & Adult Courses | Teacher Training & Assessing Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Part-time
- Start Date: 11 November 2022 | 17 February 2023
- Time: Friday – 9.30-12.30
- Duration: 1 day p/w for 4 weeks
- Full Fee: £850
About the course
For teachers, trainers or assessors who assess the demonstration of competence in both the workplace and classroom environments, using a variety of assessment methods. This certificate consists of 3 Units (1 x knowledge-based unit and 2 x performance-based unit).
How much does it cost?
Course fee: £850
Who is it suitable for?
This course is suitable for you if:
- Are a trainee assessor assessing a caseload of learners working for an employer (i.e. Apprentices or those on work experience) and assessing in a classroom environment.
- Have access to assessment of at last 4 learners
Learners will be invited to attend an initial induction session on a 1:1 basis, complete a skill scan and start a training plan for the course. Attendance of the delivery sessions is required, along with personal research and study. Access to a mentor in the workplace is recommended. Each learner will have access to a personal tutor/assessor for delivery and 1:1 work.
Where will this course take me?
The Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (full Award), a L4 TAQA qualification or a Teacher training qualification.
- Principles and requirements of assessment
- Understanding different types of assessment
- Understand how to plan assessment
- Understand how to involve learners and others in assessment
- Understand how to make assessment decisions
- Understand the assessors’ contribution to quality assurance
- Understand how to manage information relating to occupational competence
- Understand legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment
- How to apply the principles and requirement of assessment
- How to apply the assessment cycle when working with apprentices / work based learners and classroom based learners
- How your role impacts on quality assurance
- How to apply reflective practice within your role.
How will I be assessed?
Following delivery of the underpinning knowledge, the knowledge-based unit is assessed by a written assignment. Performance evidence is generated by collation of naturally occurring work-based evidence to demonstrate completion of the full assessment cycle at least 4 times. Per performance based unit. This includes a minimum of 2 observations in the workplace for each of the performance-based units. A CPD record and reflective journal will need to be completed.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will attend the course from home, so a device, such as a tablet or laptop would be essential to have, as well as a quite area to work from and a good Wi-Fi signal.
The Assessment criteria for the qualification you are responsible for delivering
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course