- Type: Building Services, Electrical & Plumbing | T Levels | Vocational Courses
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2021
- Duration: 2 years
You will be able to apply for this course online soon
About the course
You will learn to understand and perform fundamental electrotechnical systems engineering processes and procedures. You will also have the opportunity to plan, perform and evaluate your work whilst using a range of materials, methods and techniques.
5 GCSEs grades 4 - 9 or equivalent including English and maths at at least grade 4
How much does it cost?
Free to those aged 16-18. If you are aged 19+ you can apply for an Advanced Learner Loan.
There is a range of financial support that you may be entitled to, including: Learner Support funds, grants and bursaries and employer support.
City & Guilds
You will develop your knowledge, understanding and skills in:
Health and safety practices associated with carrying out electrotechnical systems.
- Installation methods and termination connections
- Systems and products used in electrotechnical engineering
- Analysing and using information to and from electrotechnical systems
- Removal processes as part of system decommissioning
T Levels are new two year, Level 3 study programme that will offer an attractive alternative to A Levels and Apprenticeships. T Levels will combine classroom theory, practical learning and a minimum 315 hours of industry placement with an employer to make sure students have real experience of the workplace.
Where will this course take me?
Students who achieve this qualification could progress to the following:
Apprenticeship (progression onto lower level apprenticeships may also be possible in some circumstances, if the content is sufficiently different).
- Health and safety
- Construction science principles
- Construction design principles
- Construction and the built environment industry
- Sustainability principles
- Measurement principles
- Building technology principles
- Information and data principles
- Relationship management in construction
- Digital technology in construction
- Construction commercial/business principles
- Building Services Engineering (BSE) systems
- Maintenance principles
- 14. Tool, equipment and materials
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course