- Type: Vocational Courses | Construction & Civil Engineering
- Level: 3
- Study Mode: Full-time
- Start: September 2020
- Duration: 1 Year
About the course
This course will increase your knowledge and skills of bricklaying, making you more employable and ready for the workplace. In addition, this could provide you with a platform to progress onto a Level 4 Management course. The practical workshop training is designed to develop your practical skills to construct complex masonry structures, decorative brickwork and maintaining masonry structures. This will be supplemented by mandatory knowledge assignments delivered online, coursework and tests to develop your understanding and knowledge of the craft. To complete the qualification, you must also pass the 28 hour practical synoptic test and City and Guilds exam.
Successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Bricklaying and passing a trade skills test.
How much does it cost?
Free to 16-18 year olds. Reduced fees may be available for 19+ learners.
Who is it suitable for?
Individuals wishing to develop their bricklaying skills and understanding to an advanced craft level.
City & Guilds
Further develop your bricklaying skills and knowledge to an advanced craft level. Learn about the construction of complex brickwork detailing and to develop the organisational skills required to oversee bricklaying operations in industry. Enhance your chances of becoming employed and to increase your earning potential as a bricklayer within the construction industry. Progress on to Supervisory/foreman roles within the construction industry.
Where will this course take me?
Employment within the construction industry You can upgrade your Diploma Level 3 to the full NVQ Level 3 by undertaking an apprenticeship.
- Know how to carry out safe working practices in construction
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Knowledge of information, quantities and communicating with others • Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Building methods and construction technology.
Occupation specific units:
- Know how to carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Carry out structural and decorative brickwork
- Know how to repair and maintain masonry structures
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
- Know how to erect complex masonry structures
- Erect complex masonry structures
How will I be assessed?
Multiple choice exam. Practical end tests. Job knowledge book and practical workbooks. Practical workshop activities. Use of specially designed learning materials. Lectures, individual study both within and outside programme hours. Use of VLE accessible through the internet.
Will I have to provide anything?
You will need to provide safety boots, measuring tape, stationery, textbook, basic drawing equipment.
I'm interested. What should I do now?
Call 01279 868100 and talk to an Admissions Adviser
Ask Us a question about this course